When Nikki and I married we took a quiz called “The Strength Finder” by Tom Rath. It shows you your top 5 strengths and ranks them from strongest to weakest. Mine were the following:
- Connectedness – People strong in the Connectedness theme have faith in the links between all things. They believe there are few coincidences and that almost every event has a reason.
- Ideation – People strong in the Ideation theme are fascinated by ideas. They are able to find connections between seemingly disparate phenomena.
- Strategic – People strong in the Strategic theme create alternative ways to proceed. Faced with any given scenario, they can quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues.
- Adaptability – People strong in the Adaptability theme prefer to “go with the flow.” They tend to be “now” people who take things as they come and discover the future one day at a time.
- Developer – People strong in the Developer theme recognize and cultivate the potential in others. They spot the signs of each small improvement and derive satisfaction ion from these improvements.
Needless to say, there is a theme here. What has always stood out to me is that nothing seems connected to humans unless we have some kind of spiritual context to it. Some call it karma, superstition, luck and any number of things. The problem with these artificial constructs that humans create is to generate for ourselves some kind of benefit, yet often life is hard and without solid results from our superstition we end up at Nihilism.
I see is God’s weaving of the tapestry of history the single thread, the common declaration. That God the father is Holy set apart and because his love is infinitely great he has set a path for his finite creations to be with him in eternity, through Jesus Christ.
Also published on Medium.